Classification of a housing unit as owner-occupied or renter-occupied. [Census 2000 Summary File 3 Technical Documentation. Prepared by the U.S. Census Bureau, 2002.]
Where to Find Data on this Site
- The Affordable Housing Needs section of the Profiles area includes a table for Percentage of Income Spent on Housing by Tenure.
- The Demographic section of the Comparisons area includes the Homeownership Rate for the areas under comparison.
- Part IC of the AHNA Quick Report includes a table for Households by Tenure.
- The Household Demographic Data tool allows the user to create counts of households cross-tabulating tenure with one or more of the following: age of householder, cost burden, household income as a percentage of area median income, household size in persons.
- The Special Needs Household Characteristics: General Housing and Demographic Characteristics tool allows the user to create counts of households cross-tabulating tenure with one or more of the following indicators: presence of a person with a disability age 15 or older, age of householder, household size, household income as a percentage of area median income, and cost burden.
- The Affordable Housing Needs Summary provides 2002-2025 estimates and projections of the number of low-income, severely cost-burdened households by tenure and income in an area.